Thanks to everyone who participated in Opscode’s first Chef Cookbook Contest! We got some great submissions, all of which are now available on the Opscode Community Site. We liked the submissions so much we decided to give everyone who participated an Opscode T-shirt. But in the end we had to choose the winners, so without further ado, here are your 2 grand prize winners and 5 runners up:
Grand Prize Winners:
- Nacer Laradji (laradji), for his zabbix cookbook.
- Eric G. Wolfe (atomic-penguin), for his set of Enterprise Linux cookbooks (iscsi, multipath, el-sysctl, and oracle).
- Mandi Walls (lnxchk), for her hadoop_cluster_rpm cookbook.
- Jason Rohwedder (hajro), for his mod_security cookbook.
- Markus Korn (thekorn), for his MongoDB cookbook.
- Alexey Melezhik (melezhik), for his cpan cookbook.
- Maciej Pasternacki (mpasternacki), for his generic-users cookbook.
Of course, the real winners are everyone in the Chef community, who now have these 10 awesome cookbooks to use!
Grand prize winners will each get an iPad, and runners up will get $200 gift certificates to newegg.com. And everyone who submitted an entry will get a T-shirt. We will be following up individually to get mailing addresses, so we can send out all this loot.
Congratulations to the winners, and stay tuned for another cookbook contest in the near future.